Cleanliness is not only next to Godliness,
Cleanliness is next to faith in the future,
respect for the past and a willingness
to commit our energies today!
On Friday, May 10, 2013, the City of Galveston dedicated the new dog park located at Menard Park in Honor of longtime island residents Jim and Pat McCloy. The McCloy's have been ardent supporters of our community and true animal lovers. It gave the Board and members of Clean Galveston, Inc., ( a Keep America Beautiful/Keep Texas Beautiful organization) great pride in donating the landscaping for this park and recommending the dedication. The McCloy's have been involved with our organization for 30 years, and we couldn't think of a better project than landscaping this park and dedicating it in their honor.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Check-In will be from 11:30am until 2:00pm, the day of the event, at 3rd Coast Downtown, 2416 Postoffice Street (409.765.6911). The donation is $30.00 per walker and benefits Clean Galveston, Inc., a 501 (c)(3) organization. The benefit is limited to the first 650 walkers to sign up.
Registration may be done using PayPal. If paying for multiple walkers, please use the "Additional Walker" Information area within the check out pages to list all walkers.
Or, you may download the registration form. Forms may also be requested through either an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 409.762.3363. If downloading registration forms, they must be downloaded and returned 10 days prior to the event.
Click Here To Dowload The Form.
T-shirts will go to all pre-registered, paid entrants, while supplies last.
Become a member
If you are interested in a Clean Galveston membership, please click here. For questions or to have information mailed to you, please call 409.762.3363 or email email@example.com.
2013 GALVESTON AWARDS
Joe Levy Award Galveston Chamber of Commerce
- Presented to a person or business who is active with Clean Galveston and making a difference within the community.
Pacesetter Award Pelican’s Rest Marina
- Presented to a person or business who has set the pace for neighborhood development and is always neat from curbside to alley, to dumpster and influencing others to take pride in the neighborhood.
Quality of Life Award Galveston Historical Foundation
- Presented to an individual, business or organization who has been instrumental in improving the quality of life through dedication and perseverance, and has raised public awareness in all segments of the community.
Jane Hamilton Helping Hand Award Mitchell Historic Properties
- Presented to an individual, business or organization for continuous support in volunteer efforts for projects and programs of the organization.
Jim Anderson Green Thumb Award Alex Monteith
- Presented to an individual, business or organization for continuous support of the Back Garden Tour and the community garden.
Special Friends Award The Grand 1894 Opera House
- Presented to a business or organization that supports Clean Galveston’s special events or programs.
Clean Copy Award Coast Magazine
- Presented to an individual, business or organization who has promoted Clean Galveston’s projects in the media.
Chairman’s Award Denny Kelley & Barbara Lawrence
- Presented to an individual for continuous support of goals and ideals of the organization.