Cleanliness is not only next to Godliness,
Cleanliness is next to faith in the future,
respect for the past and a willingness
to commit our energies today!
On Friday, May 10, 2013, the City of Galveston dedicated the new dog park located at Menard Park in Honor of longtime island residents Jim and Pat McCloy. The McCloy's have been ardent supporters of our community and true animal lovers. It gave the Board and members of Clean Galveston, Inc., ( a Keep America Beautiful/Keep Texas Beautiful organization) great pride in donating the landscaping for this park and recommending the dedication. The McCloy's have been involved with our organization for 30 years, and we couldn't think of a better project than landscaping this park and dedicating it in their honor.
Beach Clean Up
September 28th, 2013
Registration begins at 8:00 am outside McGuire-Dent at the corner of Seawall Boulevard and 27th.
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
It's that time of year to dust off the sneakers and head to Galveston for the 23rd Annual Clean Galveston Walk About.
We have some of your old favorite shops, restaurants, and taverns on this year's list of merchants as well as a couple of new ones that should interest you.
New this year, we have moved our start and finish line to 3rd Coast Downtown at 2416 Postoffice. They have been on the route for several years and their set up seems idea! for your comfort as well as ease of flow for check-in and check-out.
Don't wait!!! Register either online or by "snail mail". Remember we only have room for 600 and we have sold out the last two years.
If register online, and are signing up and paying for more than one participant, you
must register all the names on the second page of the PayPal checkout form.
Postal Mail Registration
- Download Registration Form
We look forward seeing you on October 19th.
Back Garden Tour
June 1st & 2nd
Thanks to everyone who helped make the Clean Galveston 2013 Garden Tour a tremendous success. Thanks again to all our sponsors, garden owners, community gardens, volunteers and Board and committee members who helped mark our 20th anniversary with one of the most successful and well attended tours in our history.
Become a member
If you are interested in a Clean Galveston membership, please click here. For questions or to have information mailed to you, please call 409.762.3363 or email email@example.com.
2013 GALVESTON AWARDS
Joe Levy Award Galveston Chamber of Commerce
- Presented to a person or business who is active with Clean Galveston and making a difference within the community.
Pacesetter Award Pelican’s Rest Marina
- Presented to a person or business who has set the pace for neighborhood development and is always neat from curbside to alley, to dumpster and influencing others to take pride in the neighborhood.
Quality of Life Award Galveston Historical Foundation
- Presented to an individual, business or organization who has been instrumental in improving the quality of life through dedication and perseverance, and has raised public awareness in all segments of the community.
Jane Hamilton Helping Hand Award Mitchell Historic Properties
- Presented to an individual, business or organization for continuous support in volunteer efforts for projects and programs of the organization.
Jim Anderson Green Thumb Award Alex Monteith
- Presented to an individual, business or organization for continuous support of the Back Garden Tour and the community garden.
Special Friends Award The Grand 1894 Opera House
- Presented to a business or organization that supports Clean Galveston’s special events or programs.
Clean Copy Award Coast Magazine
- Presented to an individual, business or organization who has promoted Clean Galveston’s projects in the media.
Chairman’s Award Denny Kelley & Barbara Lawrence
- Presented to an individual for continuous support of goals and ideals of the organization.